Friday, August 24, 2007

Supermodels-Are they really back? Vogue Seems to Think So.


In May, Vogue's cover feautured 10 supermodels, claiming that supermodels have returned to the fashion world. The ten models featured are; Hilary Rhoda, Sasha Pivovorova, Agyness Deyn, Caroline Trentinni, Raquel Zimmerman, Lilly Donaldson, Coco Rocha, Chanel Iman, Jessica Stam, and Doutzen Kroes. The Vogue Empire seems to think that they are the ones who will replace the supers of the nineties such as Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, and Kate Moss. I included a couple other faces who I think should be included in becoming 'the new supers'. So here they are, here is the post, enjoy the millions of pictures I put of the models. Enjoy! And let me know what you think. Do these models have the potential to turn the fashion world upside down?

So.....the catwalk begins.

Sasha Pivovarova- Commonly seen in the Prada ad campaigns, there is more to Sasha than you might suspect. She is an artist in her own right. She paints and skectches lovely pictures wherever she goes, as her sketchbook is her constant companion.













Raquel Zimmerman- One of a bevy of brasilian models, her face has been all over the runways recently. I don't know exactly what I think of her. I think she's pretty, but there's this kind of horse-looking element about her that doesn't thrill me. She's got the whole 'runway stare' down.













Caroline Trentinni- Her world was turned upside down when she began to model. She went from a small town in Brasil to international super stardom.













Lilly Donaldson- Discovered in London, Lilly never thought of becoming a model. Like her parents and grandparents, she was destined to go to art school. She has some really hilarious poses backstage at style.com. I put a few below.














Irina Lazereaunu- This is the girl that brought back the big bangs almost overnight. Kate Moss had her star with her in the topshop ad campaign for her collection. You also might have seen her in the latest issue of Fashio Rocks in the spread with Sean Lennon. Their album of folk music is expected to be released in the next year or so. Cool huh?













Hilary Rhoda- Your all american girl turned supermodel.













You know her as the face of Calvin Klein. You know her as Vogue's July cover girl. Ladies and Gents.... I give you Natalia Vodianova.













Doutzen Kroes is such a gorgeous model. She has these great big, blue eyes that are beautiful. She seems very down to earth in all of the interviews that I've read with her.














Coco Rocha is also from Canada. Her true passion, she says, is irish dancing. Apparently, backstage at shows, other models get her to entertain them with her moves. I love how she dances for charity functions and teaches kids how to dance as well. That, my dear blog readers, is what we call a model with a cause.













Jessica Stam or "Stam" as she is called, is a canadian native. She grew up as the only girl in the family among five brothers.
When she was 16 years old, she was discovered at a cafe when she stopped for hot chocolate. You can find her spending time with boyfriend DJ AM. I like her. She seems very mature and looks really good on the runway.













Chanel Iman, at age 17, is the youngest of all mentioned models. Her father wanted her to be a basketball player, but her mother knew that her daughter was destined to become a model. Well, I wouls think so too if I gave my child a name like that. Oh, is it just me, or are her legs really skinny?


Here's Chanel with models Caroline Trentinni and Raquel Zimmerman











Agyness! Agyness! Agyness! Agyness Deyn exploded on the scene about two years ago. The fashion world is calling her the next Kate Moss. What do you guys think? I think that she is a great candidate for the next Moss. She has this great individual style, which no one can ever dream of copying. She mixes things so well, and always looks great. Personally, I think she's awesome. I love how no other supermodel out there has that haircut. She doesn't look like one of those model clones who are all stick thin and look the same. Here are some Pictures for you:












So there was the monster post. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Now, tell me what you think. Do the above mentioned models have the mega-watt star quality to become the next big supermodels? Who do you guys like? Who do you guys find boring and abnoxious, and doesn't have what it takes? Tell me!
Have a good week, and I'll be delivering another post to a computer near you real soon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo i think my favortie is agyness, she is so unique- with the almost-boyish pixie and the crazy cool style. i've been hearing her and (crap, sorry, i totally forget his name!) but whoever runs House of Holland, are being compared to edie and andy, although hopefully they're only being compared b/c their partnership produces fabulous work, not b/c of drugs haha. i also think chanel is delicately beautiful, so she tends to stand out from all of the bold blondes

Anonymous said...

Agyness rox.

Alison said...

I think Coco is my favourite, I really hope this is the return of the super

oh and all the pictures in this post are totally fab!

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

I adore, adore, adore Jessica Stam. She is my fave model. But I also love all the girls in the Vogue cover, one of the best ever. Other faves are Hillary Rhonda, Coco Rocha and Caroline Trentini. Loved the post!

C.

Emma said...

Man, long post! And I love Agyness, I was just talking about her tonight at dinner.

jackie said...

ahh i love this post! irina&agyness are my current favorites!

muchlove.

Héloïse J. said...

oops! no offense but i hate irina and agyness. omg agyness the next kate moss? LOL apart from her pnukish style that has attracted so many people she is so nothing more. and irina.. no words. short and ugly and wannabe a rockstar. ok girls good luck finding your strong personalities! oh! i <3<3<3 sasha! nice post by the way:)

Aisha said...

Caroline Trentinni's so cute and also Irina L. is. I love Agyness style, it's so cool.

Great post =)
x

Carlito86 said...

I think Lily is stunning. Also loving Hilary and Doutzen.

Great blog. X

Unknown said...

Currently abercrombie jeans in Hollywood and the abercrombie pants Abercrombie& Fitch abercrombie tees in youth market abercrombie shorts red head half abercrombie sweaters side sky, can abercrombie outerwears be treated abercrombie hoodies as new century, the representative of youth vogue, the A& F abercrombie polos is the brand that American university student loves most currently.

Anonymous said...

What's up it's me, I am also visiting this web page daily, this web site is genuinely
good and the visitors are actually sharing pleasant thoughts.


Also visit my web site :: Ray Ban Outlet

CoolAllure said...

Nice post! I've really learned many things about supermodels from this post!

www.coolallure.com